Long time, no talk to! I hope you have been doing well, with all of the storms and various things going on. Well, AEP is upon us and now the commercials and misinformation is out there in full effect. Before you make any changes to your current policy, talk to someone that has your best interest at heart. The free plans are Medicare Advantage plans. They do have their place and provide great benefits, as well as other benefits, but they are not "FREE MEDICARE”- you may not have a premium, but you will have to pay for it. Here is my advice when speaking with someone:
1. Ask questions, lots of questions.
2. Get everything in writing, you have until Dec. 7th to make any changes, so there is time. If the person will not provide anything in writing, there is an issue.
3. Take your time. You need to make sure the plan is going to work for you. If the person your are talking to is being pushy, or tells you it is going away and the offer is for that day only, walk away.
4. Remember, you are in charge. This is about you and your coverage. If you drop a supplement to go on an Advantage plan, you may not be able to go back to the supplemental plan down the road. Please keep that in mind.
5. Make sure your doctors and prescriptions are going to be covered and verify the costs.
If you would like to have a no-pressure, hassle-free conversation about your coverage for next year, please feel free to give me a call, or send me an email. I would love to go over your options and give you the information you need to make the best decision for you.
As always do something nice for someone just because.
All the best,
Randall J. Lawson
The HgO Group
National Producer Number #9276045