New Medicare Figures are HERE!
Good morning all!
I hope all is good in your world. They have released the figures for 2019 and I have to say although the rates did increase, it was not too dramatic and stayed in line with what the numbers have been the last few years. Before I provide the numbers I do have to give the following disclaimers:
1. These numbers are for traditional Medicare, Part A, and Part B. If you have a Medicare Advantage then this will not pertain to you.
2. Depending on the Supplement you have, not all of these figures will pertain to you. Most of your Plans are going to cover all of Part A. Part B is where things are different.
3. Plan F covers all of A & B but at an unreasonable cost.
4. Plan G will cover all of A and all of B except for the Part B deductible.
5. Plan N covers all of Part A and most of Part B. You will be responsible for the Part B deductible and a $20.00 copay for doctor visits and $50.00 for emergency room visits where you are not admitted into the hospital. You also owe for the Part B excess charge.
Without any further ado here they are:
Medicare Part B Premiums/Deductibles - Medicare Part B covers physician services, outpatient hospital services, certain home health services, durable medical equipment, and certain other medical and health services not covered by Medicare Part A.
Many Medicare beneficiaries with low income receive assistance paying for their Medicare Part B premiums. Some beneficiaries with higher income pay more for Part B each month. Income-related monthly adjustment amounts (IRMMA) affect about 5% of people with Medicare Part B. The 2019 premiums for high-income beneficiaries are shown in the following table:
Medicare Part A Premiums/Deductibles/ Costs - Medicare Part A covers inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, and some home health care services. About 99% of beneficiaries do not have a Part A premium since they have at least 40 quarters. Certain individuals who have not worked 40 quarters and who have low income may receive assistance paying for their Part A premiums.
As always if you have any questions please give me a call at the numbers below or send me an email.
Do something nice for someone today, just because.
All the best,
Randall J. Lawson
The HgO Group
National Producer Number #9276045